Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Garnet, Iolite, Peridot...When I can't decide...make earrings from all three!

One of the many great thing about jewelry design, after you build a real collection of gems: you never have to just make "one" when you have a new idea. For some newer pieces, I've borrowed from my smaller dainty, and my longer decadent styles, and found something in the middle. I love the larger french style hooks for these - adding length and a little drama and swing without going too wild. I'm a big fan of earrings you can wear to the office, and out for dinner too, but it's a tricky balance sometimes.

First I started with a new pair of Iolite Earrings. I love the deep blue of Iolite, and have some really gorgeous stones that barely need any help from me:


It was an easy leap over to Garnet next:


And then to Peridot - these stones are a little smaller than the others so instead of 3 gems I went with 5, and swapped in a braided rope instead of the silver teardrop:


Now time to look at my citrine and amethyst...hmmmm.....

2 comments: