Monday, October 4, 2010

Beginnings



I started this blog to share and showcase my efforts at starting my own business - in the world of handcrafted jewelry. In looking for places to market myself online, I found Etsy - a 5 year old site with thousands of shops run by individual artisans, crafters, and vintage sellers. There's also a dynamic forum community and a lot of helpful tools - a nice place to start out. You can find my etsy shop at AeridesDesigns



But enough about me for now - plenty of time for that!

Here are some other shops I've found in my short time on Etsy that have particularly caught my eye:


EnergyShop - Jewelry Designed to Fit your Dreams
I first found EnergyShop when the owner posted her strategies for a successful shop after her first few months on Etsy. She sells primarily gemstone bracelets aligned with different energies - I always feel more positive after browsing through this shop.





UrbanHeirlooms -
Handmade Handbags, Leather Wallets, Cuffs, Antique Keys
Really unique leather wallets and messenger bags, tons of other things, this seller often makes it to the coveted "front page" - her items are just so unique and interesting.






TrafalgarsSquare -
It All Begins with Once Upon a Time
I found this shop when putting together a Treasury list of "woodland" themed items and found her original artwork. I wish I'd found this shop a few years ago - were my niece just a little younger she would have loved this print on her wall:






That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment