Sunday, January 30, 2011

Being Found - the results

After many months of building up my little Etsy shop, improving my searchability, picture taking, inventory, and a little promoting, my traffic is pretty consistently averaging 65-100 new visitors each day, and about 200-400 page views. I don't know if that's good, but I know it's growing and that makes me happy.

I started using Google Analytics as soon as I knew about it. Between Google, Craftopolis, and Statsy - there are so many tools for Etsy shops to know where our customers are coming from, and how we were found. The data mining really appeals to my no-so-inner geek.

So of course last Tuesday, at lunchtime, I hit up my Analytics and saw 137 visits already for the day, and the pie chart showed a big influx of traffic from Etsy's newsletter app. I watched the traffic in amazement all day (between calls to my favorite gem supplier for more garnets!).

Net results? For the day of the newsletter: 1574 visits + 6395 pageviews! It tapered off, of course, in the days following, but I'm still seeing a few visitors from it even today. My shop has been tagged as a Favorite by about 100 new Etsy shoppers, and yes I had a whole bunch of sales ;)

So, back to normal now, but I'm putting up some new items this weekend trying to get close to 100 listings, and to maybe create another design that catches the eye of the next newsletter compiler.




1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your traffic! You deserve much success :) XX

    ReplyDelete